Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 15


Buenas Tardes,

This week was a great week. I can understand the language more and more now and can have a pretty good conversation now during a lesson and outside a lesson. One of the things I’ve learned is that sometimes you don´t always know why the Holy Ghost is guiding you to a specific area or for what purpose. Last night my companion, a member and I were walking to our next lesson but we were not sure if we were even going to have a lesson. As we were walking I saw a little apartment complex the door was open. We walked past it and I started thinking to myself if we should go in.  After a long minute I told my companion we have to go back. There were only three apartments on the first floor, we went to the first apartment and the lady that answered opened the door and then closed it immediately. I thought to myself maybe we shouldn´t be here, but we kept going. Once we got to the second door a man answered, he invited us in and introduced us to his cousin. His cousin started talking about how he is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day saints. He told us he has been inactive for a few years now with his wife, but loves the gospel and the church. Crazy thing was he didn´t know that our church was just a few blocks from his house. We end up teaching him and his cousin, they really want to hear more of our lessons. I can testify that the Holy Ghost does work with us, and that there is a difference between having the Holy Ghost present in your life then without. One of my favorite scriptures in the bible is in Hebrews 10:36  For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye  might receive the promise.

Elder Aguirre

No comments:

Post a Comment