Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 16


Well this past week has been another great week!  My favorite phrase in Spanish is Poco a poco (little by little) One of the best phrases I have heard while in the mission field.

So this week went by super quick just like every other week, many progressing investigators as well. So just this past Monday we had the opportunity to teach Hermana Tina. This was our second time meeting with her; the first time was as a contact and lesson all in one day. She knows our church well; one of her sons is a member of the LDS church. Anyways, we talked a lot about why there are so many churches and explained/taught the restoration to her. Little by little I think she really wants to attend our church. One thing I have learned during a lesson is that its ok to pause and think about what you want to ask your investigator, I remember just asking her a simple question of how do you feel about your current  church you attend. At first she said its good until I think my companion and I gave her a weird look (not that it was bad or anything.) and then she started expressing how the priest there asked her to be baptized, she said she doesn´t feel ready for that church, there has to be more. She went on to say how when she prays to God, she doesn´t feel that God answers her prayers.

I then had the opportunity to bare my testimony about how important it is to always pray often with a sincere heart. I explained how God won´t always answer your prayers right away (something I am still learning). I then invited her to be baptized and she said yes, one of the promises I told her is that when you pray about our message and about the book of Mormon, that you will receive an answer. I couldn´t believe that I told her that, like words just came out of my mouth. I can testify that the Holy Ghost was helping me reach out to her with faith.  

No comments:

Post a Comment