Thursday, August 11, 2016

First E-mail

Hola Buenos Dias!

Don´t worry I am learning a lot more then just that phrase! The Spanish is coming along. Anyways it´s been an amazing week and I am so grateful to have this opportunity to be here. I want to first start off with the flight to Mexico, I had a cool experience meeting a lot of missionaries going to the same MTC. Let me tell you getting to the MTC was rough, traffic was worse then California. Anyways arriving at the MTC was great until they started throwing us information from left and right. I felt like I was thrown into the deep end with learning how to swim first.. it was just an overwhelming first few days to sum it up. The best advise I got on those first few days was "Just make it to Sunday". When Sunday came around i have never felt the spirit so strong in my life in sacrament meeting, although it was Spanglish I actually understood what they were saying. The best part was that at the end of the day we had a devotional by Elder Bednar, and to sum up his talk Ive learned that we cant just have a testimony of god. We cannot just rely on our testimony. We have to be fully converted to Christ, having that desire and serving in any situation everyday. That talk just gave me goosebumps. Then this week has been sweet so far, every Tuesdays we have devotionals so we were very lucky to hear Elder Niel L. Anderson speak live.. (Broadcasted from Provo) and it was just another blessing to hear a speaker from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles talk to us. I really needed that because I was really seeking my purpose and the first example he shared to us was what I call His BIG 3 and it´s 1. Be obedient 2. Be worthy and 3. Be Busy. I loved that because as a missionary its important to be obedient and striving to have exact obedience is my goal. The second is important because knowing that your worthy is the best feeling ever having no stress is a true blessing. But the last one, be busy, did not quite get that one until realizing Im in the MTC so busy is the first priority. Got to love it. Well today on  our P-Day we took a lot of pictures in the morning and then around 12 we will be heading off to the Mexico City Temple!! Another blessing the god has given me. I am so grateful that we have temples, and a temple near us. Serving the Lord has been the best decision I have ever made.. and its only been a week!! 
I love you all and miss you a ton, your missionary Elder Aguirre 



No comments:

Post a Comment